The role of the SAC is:
- To review the proposed protocols for each of the WPs and offer technical and scientific input;
- To review initial findings for each of the research questions and provide advice on additional research needed to explore and further test these;
- To review findings for each of the research questions and provide expert analysis to identify evidence;
- To advise on dissemination of initial findings and provide synergies with existing conferences and events for dissemination;
- To advise on complex issues of ethical approval, and
- To disseminate the project findings and translate these into practice through their international and nation policy and clinical advisory functions.